Monday, May 9, 2016

'Confession time here's what I got'.

I've been listening to Hamilton, the play that should win all the Tony's. Here's to hoping that Leslie Odom Jr. wins Best Actor. But anyways, I digress.

Medicine is weird. Not a life changing statement, but it's true-ish. There are a lot of conflicting opinions in the world about medicine right now. Some people swear by medical professionals (e.g. physicians, surgeons). Others only utilize naturopathic remedies. Personally I'm all for surgery, but that's because I've needed it. Naturopaths just scare me. It's an irrational fear that's not really a fear. I can't explain it.

In the 17th century, there wasn't such a huge issue over who was providing your medical care. The only thing patients' cared about was whether or not they were being fixed. Medical professionals had issues, but mostly over who got to be the healer.

I think I prefer the controversy filled world of today. Not sure I trust the barber surgeons of the 17th century. They might pull a Sweeney Todd.

No comments:

Post a Comment