Friday, April 1, 2016

About half-way through the project timeline at this point, but the sources are still piling up. At this point, I have to start cutting documents out. Something that I'm doing based off of their dates (when they were created). I have limited time, but the most important part is that I cover as much time as possible. So if I have too many sources with similar dates, I'm going to have to cut some unfortunately.

Getting through these documents has become both easier and harder. I know what I'm looking for now, but getting through these documents is just taking way more time. I'd say that it's super stressful, though honestly I'm getting kind of excited. Since I'm about half-way through the documents, I can now start analyzing the data. Looking at what I've found and seeing what I can do with it. These past few months are starting to pay off!

I also got a new book, An Intellectual History of Cannibalism. I think that it's going to provide a great basis for general information about cannibalism in different areas, particularly the areas colonized by Europe. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. How does your data look? Have you made any meaningful connections? How is the new text you are investigating? Keep going!

    ReplyDelete