Friday, April 15, 2016

The more I read, the less I know. I'm nearly positive that this is something demonstrated in life as well. It's frustrating, but reassuring. Backwards logic there, but I honestly like not knowing everything. Much more relaxing that way, less pressure. Still frustrating though.

A lot of the things that I thought would be super useful to my research ended up being dead ends. Burgundy pitch, sap from a Norwegian spruce tree. It does have some interesting connotations however, so I'm including the link to a brief article below in case anyone is interested.

Burgundy Pitch

Since burgundy pitch was a resin based material, the same conclusion had to been drawn about stone pitch. Oh well, I will get over this loss. Eventually. (Tears are running down my face. Metaphorically.)

Another dead end, dragon blood. One would think that this is actually some form of human material. They would be wrong. It is also a plant resin. This project has really started turning me off from plants. They are truly disgusting creatures. Ruining all my efforts in seeking out cannibalism.

Manna, that food in the bible, is also a plant. I feel justified in my hatred for them. I though it might have been Arabian mummy (created from drying out under the desert sands). It wasn't.

My disappointment is overwhelming. But I will persevere. I must.

1 comment:

  1. Dead ends and new paths never considered are truly at the heart of research! Don't despair!

    What's recent with your research?

    ReplyDelete